At Plum Tree Montessori School, we strive to foster and develop the child in a loving environment, which feels like home. With our commitment to Dr. Montessori’s method of education, your child will grow to meet their potential and their dreams will become reality. We believe that from birth to age 6 are critical in the development of children, and we are committed to providing a quality, individualized Montessori education for children and their families in the Bowling Green area. As we strive to meet our mission, we recognize the importance of the partnership between the home and school.
Our Mission is to:
- Stimulate the physical, emotional, intellectual and social growth of the total child while developing creativity and a positive self-image.
- Provide a warm and accepting environment in which each child feels secure, respected, and loved.
- Encourage the child to become self-directed and challenged.
- Provide a framework of discipline through which a child can develop self-discipline and personal strength.
- Awaken children’s interest in all subjects and encourage in them a love of learning.
- Give children an understanding of the world and respect for all they find in it.
We believe that social, racial, religious and cultural diversity in the student body contributes greatly to the value of the school experience. We, therefore, do not discriminate in admission or placement on the basis of sex, race or creed.